Adding users to the team
Adding users manually
Just select the option “Create user” from the “Actions” menu. Once you have created the user, don’t forget to send them an invitation to join your group in Appgree.
Adding many users at once
To add a large number of Appgree users, it is recommendable to use the option called “Import users from file” from the “Actions” menu. Just create or open an Excel sheet listing the users to be imported and their attributes, and follow these steps:
- Include a definition row in your file.
- Include a search row in your file.
- Export the file in Windows CSV (comma separated values) format.
- Import your file to your team.
1. Include a definition row in the file.
Include a first row to be called definition row. The definition row is mandatory, as it helps the platform identify which values appear in each column in the table. This row should contain one or more of the following tags, written in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- EMAIL. This indicates that the column contains each user’s email address. This column is obligatory, as email is the primary means of identifying each user.
- NAME. This indicates that the column contains users’ names. There can only be one NAME tag per file.
- LAST_NAME. Indicates that the column contains the users’ last names. There can only be one LAST_NAME tag per file.
- PASSWORD. This tag indicates that the column contains each user’s password. There can only be one PASSWORD tag per file.
- IGNORED. This indicates that the column should be ignored when importing the file. Files may contain more than one IGNORED tag.
- ATTRIBUTE. Indicates that the column contains an attribute of the user. Files may contain more than one ATTRIBUTE tag. An attribute can be a trait of the user, such as their seniority, age, sex, department, region, etc. These attributes enable Appgree to segment users and then perform different actions based on these data.
2. Include a search row in the file.
Check to see that the second row is the one called “search row.” This row makes it possible to assign a recognizable name to each column. There are no pre-set values for this row; use the values that are best adapted to each column. For example, a possible value for this second row could be “Age.” This value would be linked to the ATTRIBUTE tag in the first row:
3. Export the file in Windows CSV format.
Once these two rows have been added to the file, the next step is to export it as a Windows CSV file (*.csv). If you are using Microsoft Excel on a Mac, be especially careful when choosing the file format, as there are several CSV file formats.
If you are working with Excel tables, the following message may appear when exporting the file. Select “Accept.”
Additionally, Excel may ask you to confirm that you wish to maintain the workbook format during export. We recommend maintaining the format:
Once your file has been saved, we suggest you review the contents of your file by opening it with a commonly used program. The format should look like this:
When you open the file with a commonly used editing program, make sure there are no semicolons at the end of each row, as these will cause an error when importing into Appgree.
4. Import the file.
- Click on “Import users from a file” on the “Actions” menu.
- Appgree will ask you to add an IMPORT TAG to the users that are to be imported. We recommend creating a recognizable tag for this, such as the date and time of the import. This tag will enable you to search for this set of users and perform actions on them. You can assign an existing tag used in past imports so that more than one group of imported users can have the same tag.